April 19, 2007

My first Koigu

A post a little later than planned, but I've been feeling a little under the weather. Just glad that we're almost done with the week, as I'm ready to take it easy this weekend.


I promised some photos of the yarn I purchased last weekend, as I was excited to get my hands on my very own Koigu and this is what I got:








I love the colours in this yarn! I bought 2 skeins, for some socks someday down the road. It's strange how quickly my yarn stash (particularly sock yarn) is growing. I need to pace myself! I've seen all the wonderful socks people have posted on their blogs that they knitted up with koigu and I've been wanting some of this yarn for awhile. They don't stock it at my LYS, so this was definitely a treat. Perhaps this weekend I'll have the gumption to cast on using my dpn's - but why do they have to look so intimidating??? :) I guess I was thinking that out loud to myself, as Bear answered "well if you don't think you'll like those needles (referring to the dpn's) why don't you try knitting with other ones (referring to the circs)?" He's onto something.. however, I set an agenda for myself, and that was to learn to knit socks w/ dpn's first, then try other methods to decide which I prefer. So until then.... I'll have to fear the dpn's until I know how to use 'em :)

No comments: