April 23, 2007

Sock yarn is on the dpns... I repeat, sock yarn on the dpns

W00h00! That's woohoo in an exciting way, but also in a super ultra frustrating way if that makes any sense. Man, I really didn't think I was gonna get the hang of using dpns but damnit, I was determined to get started on these. I feel sorry for my poor Bear, who had to listen to me curse every other second and bitch about every stinking first stitch in the round because it was just simply awkward to hold the needles, but lookie here what I've FINALLY got goin:



The cuff alone took a good few hours (along with some dire help from the great gals over at my LYS). Sometimes you just gotta swallow your pride, admit to your weaknesses and to ask for help. I was having the most difficulty just knitting up my first round of stitches on the dpns, however, once I understood how to hold them and to just simply get used to the craziness of having all those needles pointing every which way, I started to get the hang of it.

I'm using Trekking yarn in color #126, the neopolitan, Brachs candy similarity was just too cute to pass up. I figure since it's self patterning, I can't screw it up all too bad. Also, the whole knitting into a triangle concept never looked right to me, so I'm attempting to learn using all 5 dpns too.

Well, just wanted to post a quickie to show that I do have something on the needles and that perhaps I will fulfill my goal of knitting up my first pair of socks very soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Go socks! I love the tasty colorway! Trekking is great. At my LYS yesterday, I had to refrain from purchasing MORE sock yarn. It was hard!

-Annie, fellow Coffee and knitting addict =D