First off, I want to show off my first ever felted bag (which is actually only my 2nd FO ever). Here's a picture pre-felting:

And here's the result after 3 times through the washer and blocked:

I'm so glad it turned out! I used Noro Kureyon in color 188. I love these colors! After showing the felting process to my sister and mom this past weekend, they both wanted one, so I guess I already have some birthday present ideas for both of them. This was also the first time I used circulars and I liked the whole knitting in the round process. I also liked that when you use circulars, you don't have to carry the weight of what you're knitting on your needles, but it rather just rests in your lap. Those Addi Turbos sure kick some knitting arse!
While I had the bag blocked and waiting to dry, I had some cotton Sugar 'n Cream yarn that I wanted to experiment with in making dishcloths, so that's what I did and this is what I gave to my sis and my mom:

I kinda messed up on the pattern on the dishcloth that is wider (not that you can see in the photo, but it really bugged me), but I got the pattern right on the smaller one (though I winged it on the size itself). I initially didn't like how the cotton yarn tended to split while knitting, which can really frustrate a new knitter such as myself, but I think towards the end, it was getting easier to deal with. Not bad for my 3rd FO eh? I think I'm coming along alright for a newbie knitter :)
Lastly, even if I'm a tad late, I've been intrigued by Project Spectrum that many knitters and crafters alike have been inspired by and thought this would be a great addition to expand my repertoire and see if I can delve outside of colours I would normally choose or be intrigued by.
So, I joined up!
The colours for April/May are green, pink and yellow. I thought these were great colours for spring. I thought this post itself kinda covered the green and pink with my felted bag, the tulips I purchased this past weekend and my pink dishcloths. How convenient! :)

I was going to complete this post with a photo of my yellow lemon peeps cake that I brought to my sister's house this weekend, but the photo didn't look all that great, so I decided to nix it and thought I'd give yellow a post of its own. Besides, it would be a great time for me to do a yellow study, as it's not usually a colour I choose for anything, all the more reason for me to be involved in Project Spectrum 2!
When I first think of pink and green together, my first response is to think that the two would not match together. However, looking at the photo of the tulips (which are my fave flowers) makes me realize that you find that colour combo out in nature and infact, they DO look good together! See, I'm already learning something :)
No comments:
Post a Comment