I made the "eggnog" buttercream, which is basically a Swiss meringue buttercream (another new thing I attempted) with some cinnamon and nutmeg added. It wasn't too difficult, just a lot of mess to clean up afterwards. I think I prefer the ganache over a buttercream filling, but the true test will be tomorrow when I offer them to other people :)
Just some gibberish about my adventures in knitting, baking and life in general... whilst drinking my coffee.
December 7, 2010
Macarons, part deux
Remember my first attempt ever at making these critters? Well I was invited to a little get together tomorrow evening with some gals for a little holiday knitting and spinning and thought I'd bring a little treat to share. I thought I'd take a jab at making macarons again, just to spice things up.
This time however, I tried a different recipe and weighed the ingredients rather than using measuring cups. Some baking really is an exact science and macarons seem to indicate requiring some amount of precision, so I had more confidence heading into this round than the last time I attempted these. I had the crackling going on and no feet last time, but I look at the photo above - I see some feet!
This is just the beginning of my holiday baking, guess you can say. Hope to document some more in the coming weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those look so yummy!!!!
Those look amazing. Now I'm hungry.
Yay macaron feet! These look delish!
They are perfect!!! Perfect!! I use the recipe that Emily at the Black Apple links too...and I think I did modify it a bit...I had a perfect batch of orange ones (on my blog a few years ago) and a not so perfect batch of hearts later.
Post a Comment