May 7, 2010

Catch up, ketchup

It's been a little crazy around here - didn't realize how long it had been since I last posted. So to get caught up, here's some updates on what I've been up to.

My LYS was having Franklin Habit over to teach his new Lace Edgings class. Although I haven't tackled any lace project yet, I thought he'd be the perfect instructor on lace. I got to meet him last time at his book signing, but taking a class from him was great! He was even kind not to ridicule me out loud to the entire class when I was struggling with a part of a pattern we were knitting and instead, put his hand reassuringly on my shoulder and said in his soft, gentle voice, "Dear, you knit that row backwards". Apparently I was reading some of the lace rows from R to L (when it should have been from L to R). LOL well at least I could laugh about it :) (and PS, I wasn't the only one who did that in class, so there).
He brought several of his lace samples, from stoles, to edgings, baby hats, etc. The man can absolutely knit and with such beauty and grace! I hope I can tackle some of these projects (and include some lace edgings in the near future.
I highly recommend taking a class from Franklin if you ever get the opportunity - he is an absolute joy and has a great sense of humour.

A few weeks ago, I found out from a former co-worker that the Pioneer Woman was coming to Seattle. I've been reading her hilarious (and delicious) blog for awhile and owned her cookbook since it came out last year, so we trekked to the bookstore to get our books signed. Thankfully, we came a few weeks earlier to pick up our tickets for the book signing line, and didn't have to wait as long as others.

This is my friend S, with her adorable son D.
And here's dorky me with the Pioneer Woman herself. She was so nice!
My father's birthday was last weekend, so we all went out for Thai food. Here's dad getting ready to blow out his candles, but he was laughing about my sis being a ham and making a face.
Upon looking at this photo, I realized I don't typically catch my father smiling and laughing much as I managed to capture in this photo, so it made me feel good thinking that he enjoyed his birthday with the family.
Next week, this furry critter will have been with us for one full year.
Now that Frank's in our lives, I can't imagine how it was without him. He's been an absolute joy to have and I'm so so so glad that we had a chance to adopt an older kitty. He's a spoiled rotten cat and I'm glad that we can provide a home that he seems to like too. We love ya boy!
To end my catch up post, I thought I'd share a little funny. I came back home from knit night a few weeks ago and Bear tells me that he "spun" some yarn out of Frank's fur after giving him a good brushing.

LOL. It gave me a good chuckle. Bear's spinning talents might have to be put to use down the road, heehee!
Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Good for Bear!! Frankie looks pretty darned happy to me. You gave him a chance and he won't let you down. YOU ARE NOT DORKY. Stop it. Those are great shots of you and your Dad looks happy and healthy. Happy Birthday, Dad! I am so envious you met and took a class from Franklin Habit. Lucky.

Bubblesknits said...

Wow...you've been busy, chica! I'm so jealous that you got to meet the Pioneer Woman. I read her blog and love it. :)

Love Bear's handspun, too. LOL

Saren Johnson said...

Nice job there Bear. Now Bear can spin and you can knit... Sounds like a good trade.