May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day to my wonderful mom, Bear's mom and all the other moms out there!
I was going to be out of town on Mom's day, so I took her out for an early celebration.

We went to our favorite tea house for some tea, scones and a delicious lunch.

Then we went to a local nursery that we haven't been to before and I bought her some cute little flowering plants that she liked for her to plant out in the yard.We then visited a shop that sells various cat collectibles, where we also sat and chatted with the owner and the "co-owner", a beautiful, Himalayan who was born blind.
He's already 14 years old and his blindness doesn't faze him one bit. He looked pretty content taking a nap on his little perch at the shop and didn't mind my mom and I petting him. He was such a sweet, sweet kitty! It reminded my mom and I of our Himalayan cat that we brought all the way from Japan when we moved here. His loss still affects my mom and dad, who to this day swear that they can't go through what they did with Kintaro with another pet (although I do my best to try to convince them of all those kitties out there who could use a home) :)
I know I'm not the easiest daughter to be around, because I can be a pain in the arse, but I hope you know that I love you and that I think you are an amazing, crafty and creative woman. I hope to be just like you when I grow up (minus the annoying part, hahahah) Love you mom!

3 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

What an absolutely wonderful post. :) Your Mom sounds a lot like mine, btw. Tea and plant shopping is how we spend a lot of our days out together.

Cindy said...

Thanks to your mom for you;-P

Saren Johnson said...

What a lovely time.