May 19, 2010

Road Trip Log Days 3 and 4




Day 3 Danville, IL to Mitchell, SD


Campsite - wet wet wet!!! We shared a campground all to ourselves (w/ the exception of some deer and geese with their goslings).


Drove through corn country, the heartland.


Got up to I-90 up in Minneapolis, so another state to scratch off driving through.


Lots and lots of driving this day, so not much else to report.




Day 4 Mitchell, SD to Devils Tower, WY


Lots and lots of cows and grass. I love how the grass is blowing in the wind, making it appear like a sea of green.


One majorly ripped bull - this dude had some muscles!!!


Had to visit Wall Drug in SD - you see so many signs along the road, how can you not? :)


Badlands National Park - awesome.


Buffalo burgers


Mt. Rushmore (and had some ice cream - hey, I'm on vacation, I'm allowed, hehehe)




typing this at the base of Devils Tower Monument in Wyoming as we prepare to head out. Photos above of Mt. Rushmore from yesterday, and a picture of Devils Tower from this morning.




More to come.

3 comments:

Knittymama said...

Wow!! you're really putting on the miles!

Saren Johnson said...

See any space ships lurking around the tower? =^.^=

laura said...

Even if it is wet, there is nothing more appealing than an empty campground!