We have several expectant moms in the coming months, so my knitting group got together and set deadlines a few weeks apart so that we can get squares turned in with room to spare between other blankets and have seaming parties to put the squares together.
The Mission:4 blankets
Current status: 2 seamed 2 more to go/
I haven't had a chance to get any photos of the final end results w/ the crocheted edging and totally missed out on the first blanket presentation at last week's knit night because work kept me late and I got home too pooped to do much of anything.
The square above is my first contribution. The pattern was actually one of a sun with a smiley face, but I made some mods and turned it into a star shaped flower. The petals look a bit like daffodils, don't they?
Photo above of the layout prior to seaming. Sometimes finding the right spot for each square can be quite time consuming!
And ta-da! Seaming accomplished!
Since I don't know when the other blankets will be put together at this time, I wanted to show what the other squares looked like that I completed. I'm quite happy with all of them and am glad I was able to do something completely different for each of them.
I just finished the one below last night. This one was a lot of fun. It reminds me of that Connect Four game, don't you think? Or perhaps an abacus...or beads.
This one below is one of my favorites. I love how the little daisy petals turned out.
And the 4th square. This was actually was a mistake initially, but I liked how it turned out and continued the pattern in error. The green portion of the striping was supposed to be done in garter stitch, so that the pattern makes that portion of the square more of a frilly pattern, but instead it just had a wavy, flat look to it which I actually preferred in the long run.
All in all, I enjoyed making these squares and look forward to seeing how they look joined together into their respective blankets.
5 comments:
Very pretty squares.
I adore the first square. Terrific job, kiddo!!! Make sure you aren't drinking the same water the other girls in the group are;-P
Nice pics! I loved that first square too and really enjoyed seeing the whole blanket come together. I'm still working on my third square...
I am so impressed! I feel like your knitting has evolved to much since you first started...it's amazing.
Those are absolutely gorgeous. All that pink! Love it.
Post a Comment