May 17, 2010

Road Trip Log Day 2

Asheville, NC to Danville, IL

Things to note:
-Box turtles just hanging out in the middle of the interstate in Kentucky
-Enjoyed first bottle of Cheerwine (like a cherry dr. pepper) in North Carolina - yum!
-Beautiful Blue Ridge drive
-Questioned several times whether I really just wanted unsweetened tea (I'm not too fond of sweet tea) anytime I ordered unsweetened. I thought it was pretty funny :)
-Visited the Brickyard while Indy drivers practiced on the track at the Indy Motor Speedway in Indianapolis (awesome!)
- 6 states in one day - pooped!
- Set up camp at a state park for the night - had it to ourselves (although we did share it with a few deer and a geese couple with their cute little goslings)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip so far.

Saren Johnson said...

Yea, I don't care for sweetened tea either.

Carrie Penny said...

I am not an iced tea drinker at all... When my husband and I go out he is all about his tea, but I never deveolped a taste much for iced tea... Cheerwine is GREAT!!! There are Wendy's here that serve it and DT Cheerwine! My grandfather used to make Cheerwine icecream (TASTY!)

You sound like it has been an eventful trip thus far, stay safe!

"Hope" said...

Even I was incredulous about the unsweetened tea! It's such a Southern thing. Don't forget Chick-Fil-A. Another gastronomic treat for the West Coast Raifords. love you guys. I bet S. doesn't regret the Indy stop now, does he???

laura said...

My mom lived in Asheville for 10 years and I loved visiting her. I love the laid back southern feel, but the urban atmosphere of the downtown. Yes, those billboards down South are worth organizing bus tours for!