September 10, 2007

I got tagged!

with the Name Tag by Laura at My Little Orange Kitchen. You have to list some things about yourself using each letter of your middle name. Since I don't have a middle name, I'll use my first name instead, so here goes:



E is for Espresso. Love my caffeine and I like the good stuff. Thankfully I live in the Pacific Northwest, where this piping hot beverage flows aplenty. In a half mile radius from where I live, there are 5 places to get espresso (not including my own home), so I'm hooked up! A triple shot americano is a standard in my day to day life.


M is for Multi-cultural. I feel privileged being half Japanese and bilingual. It's funny to think now that it wasn't always that way. When I was much younger, I hated it. I hated being half Japanese, hated my name, hated the fact that no one was able to pronounce my name. It called attention to me in a way I didn't care for. I felt DIFFERENT. In reality, my name could have been anything for that matter, but kids are kids and we encounter some kind of teasing episode in our childhood. As a young adult, you strive to fit in with your peers, for a sense of normalcy and acceptance, and it's ironic how it comes full circle as you become an adult. It is at this point that you wish to stand out, be original and accept perhaps even prefer being a little different because it distinguishes you from others. I'm proud of my heritage and love my name. I love trying all kinds of ethnic food, and have a general curiousity for cultural traditions, customs and languages in general.



I is for Introvert. As in social introvert. I don't think I need to go into detail here, but I think some of you know that I'm trying to break out of that mold and forcing myself to get out there, because once I do, I'm actually having fun - it's just a matter of getting used to it :)



K is for kitchen. I have a love/hate relationship with it. The kitchen is where I go to do things that I enjoy, like baking. I hate the cleaning up part that accompanies baking and cooking. I still haven't figured out a system so that I don't have a pile of dishes waiting for me at the end, even if I attempt to clean while I cook. What always puzzles me is how long it takes to get the kitchen clean, but how quick it is to get it all messy again. I hate that!



I couldn't think of anything for the last letter "O", so I go ask Bear if he could help me find something starting with the letter O to describe myself or something about me. He replied "How about Ornery?" Now maybe I had a different understanding of this word, as I thought it meant something along the lines of being temperamental but not necessarily in a negative way. Or perhaps I've been misusing (and misinterpreting) the term all this time. So I look it up online at dictionary.com and it provides the following as definitions..

1.ugly and unpleasant in disposition or temper. Ok.... well I know I do have a temper at times.
2.stubborn. Stubborn????? *hmpf* I'm not stubborn. I don't know what you're talking about.
3.low or vile. Low??? vile???
4.inferior or common; ordinary. Ordinary and inferior.... OK, I gotta go talk to Bear again.

Now I happened to ask Bear this question in the midst of his online gaming mind you, but I had to know what his definition of ornery was so I ask him.

Me: Hon, what's your definition of "Ornery"?
Bear: Uhm.... like feisty. Why?
Me: Well I did a search online and it said it meant unpleasant...stubborn...VILE (my voice gets louder at this point, enunciating everything).... ordinary.
Bear gulps and looks like he knows he's in trouble.
Bear: "Well, that's not what I meant."
hahahhahahahah the look on his face was classic! I'll agree with me being feisty at times, but I don't think I'm vile! Oh well. Serves me right for asking for help on the last letter :)

So I guess I'm supposed to tag as many people as the number of letters in my middle (or in my case, first) name. So I will tag the following peeps. No pressure if you don't want to do it though!

Cindy at Knitwonpurltoo

Carrie Penny at Sad Lonely Crafter

Liberty at Liberty's Yarn

Hapagirl at Hapagirl Knits

Michelle at Knit-a-Little


2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

I am carriepenny on rav. I am so creative!

Anonymous said...

The espresso part surprised me...I knew you liked coffee (obviously), but had no clue as to the importance in your life!!! What about coffee ice cream?

Ha!!!!! The whole story of "O" (pun intended) conversation with Bear made me laugh and repeat it to Mark.