September 14, 2007

Yarn Harlot's in town!



I missed her when I was in Portland earlier this summer, so when I heard she was coming to Seattle for her book tour in September, I was stoked. I took the afternoon off work so that I'd miss rush hour traffic to get to the bookstore and ended up getting there 3 hours early. Early bird catches the worm as they say, so I was able to snag a seat in the first row - w00t!






I got to take a photo of her taking her usual travelling-sock-with-audience photo. The stage lighting was dim, the backdrop of the stage was black, and she was wearing a brown outfit from head to toe, so it was a tad difficult to get good photos. I thought it was funny that she said that the clothes she wears these days are nothing more than backdrops for her shawls. There was a pretty good crowd going (though I was scared of looking behind me to see how many heehee). I heard that there were 4-500 knitters there - w0w!






She spoke for a good hour and her stories had me laughing so much that the muscles in my cheeks (on my face, silly!) were pretty much shot by the time I met her for the book signing. I got to see and hold THE travelling sock! I wanted to talk to her a little more, but could only muster up one word replies because I didn't want to sound like a dork. heheh oh well, I guess you can say I was a little starstruck :) There was a gal from Texas in line behind me who cashed in her frequent flier miles to come see the Yarn Harlot in Seattle! All in all, I had a great time and look forward to reading her new book.



3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm thrilled for you. When the Harlot came to St. Louis, my Mum was sick, so I missed her. I was seriously bummed.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I've gone through life not knowing anything about Yarn Harlot and the traveling sock! I went to Wikipedia and must confess that I
started laughing just at her book titles...Including Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much. I also like how she started Knitters Without Borders. She must have been fun to listen to.

J. C. KnitNStuff said...

Welcome to the club...although I DID look like a dork when i tried to talk to her.