Since my first installment of the Lucky Lurker sock club was during the end of summer, I should get to those photos now too before I forget about it. This was hand delivered by Angi at knit night last month and I was excited to see what the colourway was like. So here's a lookie loo at Spring Frost:
I need to hightail it and learn the magic loop sock knitting very soon so that I can do the whole toe-up routine. But I'm starting to knit *gasp* holiday presents already, so my own sock knitting may have to be put on hold.
So my first knitted gift for someone this xmas will be the alligator scarf and this is what I've got goin so far.
Can you tell it's the head of the gator? Well apparently it's not that clear when you ask non-knitters. I had a lot of fun asking some coworkers what they thought I was knitting. I got some pretty funny answers that ranged from a bull to a giraffe to a sweater for a chihuahua. I'll post gator WIP here and there of course, but I've got something on the needles again, so that's a good start. I hope to keep the momentum up so that I'm not panic stricken at the last minute to knit gifts.
I've been selected for jury duty next week, so we'll see if I actually get selected. I anticipate work being pretty crappy next week anyway, so it's not like I'll be bummed :)
It seems places that are supposed to start cooling down are experiencing an indian summer, but it's definitely changing here. Lots of changes, both seasonally and emotionally. Sometimes I feel like they're a little connected, because I always feel a little disoriented around the time the seasons change. Here's to a good and plentiful fall!
2 comments:
1) I love reading your blog.
2) Anyone at knit night would be MORE than happy to walk you through the toe up magic loop. Just say the word.
3) I love that scarf. SO CUTE.
4) VERY nice pictures! I love blueberries. SO much. (wiping drool from chin....)
5) I TOTALLY agree about the seasons changing and feeling disoriented.
6) Apparently I like to capatalize words that I am putting emphasis on.
7) I am eating a cheese quesadilla. And it's gooooood.
This is a great post, I love the pictures...In the movies you always see one woman in the jury box knitting...that could be you next week!!! I could tell exactly what the scarf is supposed to be...no kidding! And I'm non-knitter!
Post a Comment