January 2, 2009

My official 2009 To Do list

Happy New Year! Akemashite Omedetou (in Japanese)!

As I looked back on my list from last year and find that I focused on the negatives of what I had not accomplished, many of you were so kind to remind me of the things that I had accomplished in 2008, like learning how to sew and decorate cakes. Thank you all so much for being my "glass half full" :)

I thought I'd streamline my To Do list and make some fun add-ons as far as what kind of crafty stuff I really would like to get to this year, so in no particular order, here's my updated 2009 To Do List.

1. Get more exercise.
Be it on my Wii Fit, Yoga, walking, cycling, whatever. Just get off my arse and just get to it.

2. Learn to knit socks using the Magic Loop method.

3. Add something new to my baking repertoire (like pate a choux pastry or croissants, or a buche de noel for next Christmas).

4. Organize my crafts so that it does not take over the entire living room.

5. Curb my impulse shopping.

6. Reduce my debt as much as possible.

7. Sew a bag like one of these .

8. Sew a home decor project like some cute pillows or a table runner (maybe take a jab at a small quilting project, perhaps?).

9. Learn two-colour/stranded knitting.

10. I'm going to leave the last one on my list open for a new craft to learn, like cold-process soap or something else that might catch my eye during this year :)

There. That's got a good mix of fun stuff, challenging stuff and stuff I should do but have made excuses for not doing that may need a little coercing (or coaxing).

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Cool list. Good ideas. I love that sling bag. Most definitely at least one. Maybe more for gifts?

yoel said...

An admirable list! A table runner would be so fun to make (and so expensive to buy).