I got a co-worker hooked on the felt cakes too, so we both decided to work on a cake during the weekend and come back on Monday to have a cake off.
So here's my first attempt at a slice of the felt strawberry cake.

You can see that I definitely need to work on the stitching, but I'm happy that you can at least tell it's a cake (right?) :)
eta: another one finished today - this one is a slice of a roll cake, topped with pineapple, kiwi, mandarin orange and strawberry. These are so freakin addictive!
6 comments:
Beyond cool, girl!
I was fooled I had to look closely before I could tell it was felt. You should win. :)
So cute! What are they made with?
I just sat here trying to figure out, is it felt, or cake?? So cute!! Nice job.
Just in case you didn't know... Coffeeswap IV just opened up yesterday!
hapagirl
Hey! What do you mean "you can tell it's piece of cake"...? I thought it was a piece of cake! I had to read the post and then looked more closely. Amazing. Emiko, one thing that strikes me about you is how fast you perfect new crafts/arts...Really, from cake decorating, knitting, detergent making and now this. Really, these are already perfect enough to make to sell and you are just getting started! I'd love to see you with an etsy shop.
I mean, I made the detergent and it got lumpy and separated after a day or two...and I'll have to work to perfect the next batch which could mean following the recipe exactly for once! Your things always turn out perfect on the first try.
Post a Comment