November 12, 2008

CSA Share & Tell (week 2)

I decided to take photos of my weekly CSA share and post it on my blog so that I can look back on everything after it is over.

We just got back from picking up our share for week 2:
We've got a few different kinds of kale, chard, beet greens, carrots, sweet dumpling squash, some other kind of squash that has yet to be identified.
Photo 2 continues with some butter and red leaf lettuce, bok choy, potatoes and broccoli.

With the exception of the acorn squash last week, we ate everything up (I'm saving the acorn squash for later). Bear and I were a little worried whether we would be able to eat all the veggies before the next share, but it wasn't a problem at all because they were all delicious! It's nice to be able to plan out some menus based on what veggie to use and a perfect opportunity to try veggies you've never got around to trying (beet greens and delicata squash, in my case).

Bear is not much of a squash eater, but even he chowed down on the casserole he made last night using delicata squash, bell peppers, onions and potatoes. It was sooo good. It was totally what I consider comfort food.

Now it's off to make some soup with the kale...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks wonderful! And I feel that you might be morally obligated to share the aforementioned squash casserole recipe. =)

Cindy said...

It is all so beautiful. I'm sure it tastes amazing. You lucky:--)