November 23, 2008

Ribbing & Cables

I've had an FO since early last week, but haven't had a chance to post a photo til now. This is one of the many hats I'll be knitting for the men in the household this holiday. Bear was kind enough to model for a shot (only because he was distracted tinkering with his new hi-def DVD player).

Pattern: New York Hat by J.L. Fleckenstein
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Suri Merino (col. 500 - black) - 2 balls
Needles: US 6 circs and dpn's

This was a quick knit - only took 2 days. I think I've been overdoing it with the knitting, as I've been experiencing some pain in my wrists and fingers, so I'm trying to take more breaks in between as I should have been to begin with.

Now onto cables. I found a discussion on Ravelry about some people finding cute coffee cups at *bucks with a textured cable design on them. I had to check 'em out and found them this weekend.

I need another coffee cup like I need a hole in my head, but it was too cute to resist. I think this will be my go to cup when I need a hot beverage while knitting.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Neato hat! I love the cup.

Anonymous said...

Love the hat. I remember when you finished your first sock and now you are knitting up a storm!

Agahaahaaha! The cup is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just noticed that Bear has multiple piercings!

Carrie Penny said...

I like the hat, I made one for my father a few years ago that he is loving so far this winter.

Rhonda said...

The hat turned out great. I want to make a hat for my brother for Xmas. This migh be just the pattern.

I want one of the mugs. Where did you find it exactly?

Knittymama said...

Heh, I love how he's very into the modeling shot! :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could have resisted the cup either.

Saren Johnson said...

Cute cup!