August 11, 2008

New Record

For finishing a knitting project! I finished this late Saturday night. It only took a week to knit and pretty easy.

Here's a picture of it to compare it to size with one of the totes you can find at a grocery store.

I used US size 10 for the body of the bag and since I didn't have a size 8 for the handles as the pattern used, I used a 9 and it's still tight enough but with a little stretch.
Now I need to look for a sock pattern to knit for my project while on vacation. I'm on a roll!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love that bag!!!!

Carrie Penny said...

WOW! I love that bag! I didn't see it that well off of the pattern page. I love yours. I think I will have to make that one. I just got 2 cones of cotton for bags.

Kai said...

That bag is a brilliant idea! Hi! I'm a friend of Laura's and clicked onto your name from her blog. I don't knit much anymore, but I know how. Once I learned to crochet - a million years ago, LOL! - I pretty much retired my knitting needles. And - gasp! - you mean I'm NOT the only one who cannot sew but likes fabric? I also read your profile and see we have a LOT of common tastes in movies! I hope you don't mind if I bookmark your blog & visit often! I LIKE it!