I was hoping to get fairly good weather so that I can take a better photo of my package that I received, but weather has been really crappy, so I had to make do and get a photo taken indoors. I owe a post from last week to thank my SP11 pal Swap Happy on all the wonderful stuff she's sent me. She sent me a little something at the end of last month, only to find someone snagged it off my porch, which really bites. Grr! It sucks that people have to do that... I'm not upset about it anymore, but it really bummed me out. I'm just hoping karma comes around and bites that person in the arse.
Well I did get my October package last week and Swap Happy put together an amazing package for me. She outdid herself in including all kinds of Halloween goodies - a tea light holder, a little hook, pumpkin stickers, and I love the mini tombstone :) On top of that she put together on cd some patterns on scarves and such and I thought that was great, as I'm trying to figure out what pattern to knit for my upcoming holiday scarf knitting. I also got some stitch markers, some choxie chocolate (already eaten, of course) and the moose munch (never had the stuff and it was addicting! Bear and I kept eating it and eating it and before you know, it was gone heheh), a little flower brooch, and some lotions and bath gel from bath and body works.
Thank you again Swap Happy! Loved my package :)
I've been going easy eating lunch during jury duty. The courtroom is incredibly quiet that you can hear a pin drop. The first day we were in there, my stomach was making REALLY loud noises digesting the soup and salad I had for lunch and we all had a good laugh after I apologized for all the noise :) I figured I might as well fess up that it was me instead of pretending no one in that whole courtroom didn't hear my stomach hahahah. Well today it was a chorus of gurgling and growling stomachs before lunchtime and this time it wasn't me (phew!). I think I'm getting all paranoid about my stomach making too much noise if I didn't eat enough or if I ate too much. So that's why I've been trying to find a good balance so that I don't disturb the goings on while listening to the trial. But it made me feel better today knowing that it's not just my stomach wanting to be vocal.
As far as knitting news, I'm still working on the alligator scarf but not able to finish it as quickly as I had hoped, because I can't bring knitting needles into the courthouse. That really sucked when I found out. Oh well, at least it wasn't discriminatory, as they also didn't allow crochet needles either. I'll try to get some progress photos here soon too.
4 comments:
I am dying to hear the details of your jury duty...post about it as soon as you can. You got a great box full of good stuff! Wow. Choxie chocolates are great and I love the packaging!
Another classic line:
"Oh well, at least it wasn't discriminatory, as they also didn't allow crochet needles either."
agahahaahahaaha!
OOOOH Jury Duty! My state can't figure out where I live so I never get jury duty! I love that package! WOW!
I'm so glad you liked your package! But but but! It's your late September package...you still get another package in October, lol *happy dance*
I'm still grumpy about the stolen package too! Damn evil meanies!
Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Swap Happy
What a great swap pal you have. Jury duty sucks. I was called once and never made it on a jury. Hang in there and I can't wait to hear about it.
Post a Comment