October 28, 2007

Playing catch up


Man, it's been a pretty hectic week. Lots of things to get caught up on for this post. Well last week I finished up a scarf in 2 days. It was a quick knit and one to get ready for the upcoming holiday season. One gift down...don't know how many more to go :) So this is a quick scarf I knit up for my sister.



I used one skein of the Sensations Angel Hair yarn I purchased at Joanns. I had some left over and thought I'd make fringes at the end of the scarves and I think it turned out great! Not bad for a quick knit! I think I'll make a few more of these for gifts! Although this will be my first holiday season to give hand knit items as gifts, I'm not going to make them for everyone, just people I know who would appreciate hand knits. Otherwise, it's pointless to make a scarf for someone who doesn't like scarves, you know?

On top of that, I got another package from my secret pal Swap Happy (and boy does she sure live up to her name!) Check out the goodies I got this time around!



From the upper left corner in the photo above, I received a skein of Manos del Uruguay in a gorgeous variegated red (color 115 it says on the label), some halloween stickers, temporary tattoos, a notepad shaped like a bat, some pumpkin shaped peeps, a ball of orange coloured cotton Patons grace yarn, a "grow your own hermit crab" (it says it grows 600% its size!), some choxie chocolate covered espresso beans (yum!), a bar of almond soap and a handknit washcloth in gorgeous gorgeous blue cotton yarn in a pattern that resembles leaves or running water to me. And last but not least, a skein of some wonderfully soft, 100% alpaca yarn. You have to see this yarn in a close up:



It's beautiful! Thank you so much Swap Happy! You made me a happy girl with my goodies this weekend :)


I haven't posted any progress pics on my alligator scarf in awhile, so I figured might as well do that today too. So here's what it looks like since the last time.




I think it's resembling an alligator, no? I have a few more rounds of the "scales" then on to the tail and it'll be done! I've got some sock yarn I'm ready to CO to knit a pair of socks for Bear. I'm also debating whether to knit my mom some cozy footies or a scarf.... I guess I need to go "fishing" and see what she'd prefer :) I had to drive down to see mom and dad today and promised them some oatmeal cookies because dad's been asking me to bring some down. I planned to make them yesterday, but was too tired last night and ended up having to wake up at 6am to bake them this morning hahahaha talk about being a "real" baker getting up in the wee hours for some bakin'!


This weekend has been absolutely gorgeous here near Seattle. I hope those in the area got a chance to get out and enjoy some great fall weather and perhaps do some fall stuff like going out to a pumpkin patch or finding the finishing touches to your Halloween costume. Halloween usually is wet and dreary around here, which I kinda like because it adds a spooky atmosphere. Perhaps we'll luck out this year for the sake of having dry trick-or-treaters :) Have a good one!

2 comments:

hapagirl said...

Your sister's scarf looks like just the thing to brighten up a wet and dreary Northwest winter. She'll love it!

Anonymous said...

I love that scarf! I can't believe it was a two-dayer! I completely get what you mean about knitting things only for people who appreciate it. I think we set ourselves up sometimes by giving people things they might not normally love in the hopes that they'll love it because we made it...I think there is a balance that has to be met.

What awesome swap gifts!!!!!!!