October 15, 2007

Did you know...

... that today is Blog Action Day? I was not aware of it until late yesterday evening when I was reading Laura's blog. There was no way I could not take part too, so thought I'd do my part and include this as my post for this Monday. It encourages all bloggers to join efforts and post about a very important issue, the environment, all on the same day (today!) to bring global awareness.

Bear and I try to do our part to help out the environment, but I know we've chosen comfort over being environmentally-conscious on more than one occasion. It's a bad habit to shake. It's a change that takes time, but I feel every effort helps and I try to be more conscious about it. I've recently bought canvas shopping bags for my groceries (and just yesterday bought the IKEA bag for $0.59 instead of paying $0.05 per plastic bag) so that I can use that for future purchases (I might even use it to haul laundry in because those bags are so damn huge!).


I found this link via the Action Blog on 50 quick and simple things you can do to help the environment.

I'd also like to give a shout out to an environmentally conscious blog written by one of the gals I know from my knitting group called An Inconveknit Truth (love the blog name!) - go check it out - I find it very informative with great links to all kinds of things.



So now that you know about this day, it's not too late for you to take part too if you wish. For as little or as much as you want to post about the subject, it's up to you. Write a whole post about it as I did, or write as little as the html code you can find to link the banner of Blog Action Day on your site, it's as simple as that.

Bloggers Unite - Blog Action Day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good for you for getting on the wagon! I have to confess, I've never been to Ikea! My friend and I are planning a short road trip next month! But, now I want one of those huge bags! We've chosen comfort over more environmentally sound products at times too.

I also want to comment on the jury duty post...you really took your civic duty seriously. I do hope things get better at work soon.

Cindy said...

I didn't write about the environment although I feel very very strongly. I didn't even know it was Blog Action Day. I seem to live in a vacuum.