The PacNW got hit with some snow yesterday and the temps are dropping into the teens tonight, so looks like it'll be sticking around - BRRrrrrr! The snow started to really pick up in the afternoon and many, many people were stuck on the Interstate at a standstill. Typical 1-hour commutes took anywhere from 3 hrs to over 11 for some people and some even had to pull over to the side because they ran out of gas. Not fun for those folks certainly. I don't have a long commute, but I'm a wuss driving in this kind of weather, so Bear drove me in.

Bear and I are thankful for Bear's grandpa's gift of the D'ango - thank goodness for 4WD! I think it will be put to good use this year, as they say it'll be another La Nina year. So we should be seeing this kind of weather all winter - yikes.
This hill near our house in the photo below was pretty icy - scary to drive down!
Bear tried to contain his excitement driving in this weather - boys will be boys :)

I love how snowfall makes everything look so clean and beautiful. That and the fact that everything sounds so quiet...muffled around you. It's like you're in a completely different world the morning after it snows, doesn't it?

I just have half a day tomorrow then I won't have to face being at work without Bear for at least a few days. It's been really difficult trying to walk into work, put on my poker face and act indifferent about everything that has gone down, but I know I have to be strong.

This too shall pass, right? Stay warm and safe everyone. Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving.
2 comments:
Bear is a sweetie for driving you in.
You're right, but you need to be strong for yourself, too. It had to be hard for Bear to drive to work and not go to work, too. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and try to forget about work, if you can!!! Hugs from Middle Earth.
Post a Comment