November 21, 2010

A Lemon

Life threw some lemons our way this past Friday - Bear lost his job at the company he worked for for almost 18 years. There have been big big changes with a lot of crap and political BS going on at the office for the past year and a half or so. The same day Bear lost his job, another gal in another department walked out, unable to take the stresses of the job anymore. This should paint a pretty picture of how messed up things are there.

The one thing that makes this a little more difficult is that I still have to show up there on Monday and I'm dreading walking into a place that I have absolutely no respect for because of the way they have been treating their employees. They completely lack any ounce of humanity and it makes me sick to my stomach that I still have to go there - needless to say, it's going to be hard without having Bear there as my support. I guess I'll just be a working drone, do what I need to do, but nothing more. My days of caring there are gone.

Bear is taking it in stride and has a great attitude about it. On the other hand, I've been taking it pretty hard and am just a little worried about things and having several unknowns to prepare for, but I know I need to be strong for him, for us.

It's bad timing with the holidays and all, but perhaps it will help remind me of what the holidays truly should be about: not "buy buy buy" consumerism but about love and family and friends and all the things that truly matter in life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Sweetie. It is so hard and you are grieving. There is one upside (ask me how I know). Bear will have time to help you at home and to get into shape and just be. You will have support at home and help there, too. And, yes, you just do the job and go home. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

yoel said...

Ack. So sorry for the madness. But you are right holidays are about love and family. I hope you and Bear will get through this ok!

Saren Johnson said...

It might be the best thing in the world for you guys. He could find a job he loves. It really sucks it's right before the holidays.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I'm sorry to hear about the craziness at work! Hopefully Bear will be able to find a great job, and then you can leave the bad job, too. Take care!!

laura said...

Oh my gosh---I never realized you worked at the same place. This happened to me with Mark many years ago. In his case I felt it was so unfair and I hated going in...trying to be happy to have a job, but upset about the circumstances in which Mark left.

I'm thinking of you two and somehow I know you will make the best of this.

Bubblesknits said...

I'm so sorry that things are hard right now. Keeping you both in my thoughts.