January 6, 2010

Twenty ten's first FO!

Are we really supposed to refer to it as "twenty-ten"? I don't like it. I'm old school and will revert back to "two thousand and ten", thank you very much.

Anyway, I have my first FO for the year - yippee! I started it shortly after Thanksgiving (which was when they were supposed to be due for a girl in my knitting group). Her boy wasn't born until December, but nevertheless, I was behind in giving this to her. I can now knit guilt free after getting these puppies done!
This is the Baby Monkeys pattern in some yarn a yarn dyer in my knitting group distributed to everyone in our group to make booties/socks for the new mom to be, but I don't know the colorway. I knit these on US2 needles. I used those square Kollage dpns and I have to say I was quite pleased knitting with them. I signed up for my first KAL (!!!) with another local dyer's Ravelry group to knit some nice looking socks and also decided to take part in my knitting group's Ravelympics team, so talk about being ambitious, eh? Well I said I wanted to knit more this year, so I hope to do just that.
Since this will most likely become a Wednesday post as I'm typing this late on Tuesday, I'll throw in some holiday kitties for measure and call it good on my Whiskers on Wednesdays post.
This here below is my sister's cat Smokey, in the elf costumes my sis got for her furbabies. Smokey's in one of her favorite spots - a cardboard box. My sister drags and pushes Smokey around in her box and she won't get out of it. Seems she likes to go for a little ride in her cartonmobile!
This picture below is also of my sister's cat, Scooter in his elf getup. Either way, these costumes didn't last long on the two cats, lol
Auntie Em got her cat neice and nephew some catnip filled felt cellphones.
Saving the best for last, here's my Frank with his Christmas toy - a soft, white toy mousie.

5 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

How long before Sis is killed in her sleep by the cats?

Cindy said...

I'm with knittech on this one;-D And, I love the pic of Frankie and his mousie. It's darling! The baby booties are precious, and I'm so glad you are back to knitting.

Anita said...

Ha Ha! Love the kittys in their elf costumes. :)
And Frankie with his mouse is just too cute.

Bubblesknits said...

I need to get an elf costume for Fluffy next year. Never to early to plan the torture. ::insert evil laugh::

Great picture of Frankie!

yoel said...

Ooh sweet kitties! And booties! Man oh man those elf-cats are plotting something BAD right now :)