January 23, 2010

On A Roll

I'm on a roll with my knitting so far this year. As mentioned in my previous post, I joined a KAL to knit the Sybaritic sock pattern. I had some gauge issues on the cuff portion of the sock as it was a little too loose, now I'm finding after turning the heel that it's too big again, so it looks like I'll have to go up a size for the foot portion.
I'll admit, I'm not a swatcher. I just wing it as it goes and measure along the way. I'm hoping my winging it will help with this sock, as the pattern appears to be on the larger size. We'll see how it goes.

We have a lot of expectant moms in my knitting group this year and we're all doing a blanket for them. One of the gals in the group is an indie dyer and dyed up a bunch of her sock yarn for us to contribute to blankets for each mom. I initially wasn't going to participate, as I wasn't sure if I could finish the squares in the timeframe given, since I seem to be such a procrastinator, but once I saw the beautiful yarn, I gave in. It doesn't help when you have fellow knitters chanting "do it, dooo iiiiiiitt!" :) So, I caved and brought the skeins of yarn home.
I actually finished a portion of one square already, so hopefully I'll keep this momentum up!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubblesknits said...

I've got two friends that are expecting at the same time. Thinking about doing the 4 Corners Baby Blanket for my Ravelympics project. I've got to do something sometime soon. lol

Saren Johnson said...

The sock is really coming along. Keep up the good work.

Carrie Penny said...

The sock is looking good by me, I am not a swatcher either... I dont' blame you for trying to get the baby blanket square done either! The yarn looks great!