I went to a yarn destash party today hosted by one of the gals in my knitting group. This was such an awesome idea! We were all like, "How come we didn't think of this before?" I think we plan to have this as an annual event, either after the holidays or a few months before, so that people can get some new yarns and perhaps use those to knit gifts with. One man's trash is another man's treasure, right? Except I wouldn't call yarn "trash" necessarily :)
I decided to bake up a batch of cinnamon madeleines to take to the party for some snacking.
So the day before the party, I went through my stash and found about a cloth grocery bag's worth of yarn to bring to the party. I knew I wasn't going to come back empty-handed of course :) Because really, why go to a destash party without bringing something new home?
So this is what I came back with - 2 skeins of Misti Alpaca Chunky. I can't pass me up some alpaca. I think this will make a great bulky scarf.
Can you say a sweater or cardi's worth? SCORE!
I highly recommend having a destash party of your own w/ your knitting buddies.
6 comments:
That is very cool! I love the scarf you sent. The colors are gorgeous. It has been so freakin' cold here! Very handy. Love you!
Wow! That's some great loot you brought home!!
Yum, love the idea of cinnamon madeleines.
Sounds like a blast!!!!!!!!! Love your finds, too. And, cinnamon madelines? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oh Lord...my LYS carries the Misty Alpaca Chunky and it's *divine*.
Your cinnamon madeleines sound yummy and I love your packaging for them :)
You'll be able to make a great sweater/cardi with that felted tweed...love the color! The destash party sounds like a lot of fun!
Like the yarn for the new cardi.
Post a Comment