October 12, 2009

Leaves of Change

I love this time of year, when the leaves start to change color and you get all of Fall's beautifully, rich tones of golden yellows, rusty oranges and reds to deep purples. I've been wanting to snap some photos of the colors in the trees where I live ever since I saw this tree outside my window turn a golden yellow a few days ago.


So Bear and I drove around for a bit looking for bits of color. I love how in the photo below, it's just a single tree standing out amongst the green:


... and getting closer, you see the gradation of color in a single tree.

I also love that taking photos of the same tree also produces different colors in each shot. Like this one below is still of the same tree, but it has a deeper, orangey-red to it than the photo above, which looks more golden yellow.
And this stretch of road is at the base of the entrance to my condo, the lemony hue of the yellow leaves in contrast to the limey greens of the others.

How can one not be moved by such beauty this time of year?




Love it.

2 comments:

yoel said...

So pretty! It's amazing to me that under the green of leaves, all these other colors are just waiting to be revealed when the chlorophyll fades away.

Bubblesknits said...

WOW! Those are some vibrant colors! We get more rusty colors down here. Thanks for sharing the pics.