October 9, 2009

Focus on the Happy

Happy Friday folks!
Since work's so crappy right now, I'm trying not to dwell on it and will attempt to put my focus on things that make me happy instead. Here's a little taste of what I've been doing.
Bear's mom visited last month, and we visited w/ his mom over at Bear's aunt's house quite a bit. She has a lovely garden out back and I took lots of flower pictures. I even snagged a few with bees enjoying the flowers (like the ones on the pink flowers above).
I also recently participated in a Fall Foodie Swap. I had to wait until my partner got her package to show my little knitted contribution. It's a skully dishcloth. Isn't he cute? I used Rowan Handknit Cotton (I think that's what it was called). It was a great yarn to make a dishcloth with (and since there's some left over, I think there's one in the cards for myself).
And last but not least, I volunteered to bring cupcakes to work today for our Japanese trainee's last day (w/ all the mayhem at work, I'm certain he's ready to go back and I don't blame him)...oops, I mentioned work again, sorry :) I had to skimp on the buttercream frosting, as I had to make do w/ the ingredients I had available at home last night, but I think they turned out cheerfully sunny, no?
Bear and I have a 3 day weekend. He recently bought a 50 year old lake boat that's in pretty good condition and has been out fishing every weekend. Maybe I'll get a ride out on the boat, as it's supposed to be a nice sunny, fall weekend around here. Also hope to go to the pumpkin patch and find some good pumpkins to carve for Halloween.
Have a good one everyone!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Lovely flowers. Love the warshrag and your cupcakes look fabulous!!!!Have fun!