August 19, 2009

WIPs and Cats and New Yarn, oh my!

So why am I showing you a picture of a portion of my disorganized closet? Am I crazy??? Maybe :) I haven't taken any recent photos of Frank as he's been a little cranky lately, so I thought I'd at least show you one of his favorite spots to cover my Whiskers on Wednesday post. Not sure if you can see it, but within that messy closet, do you see the plastic storage box below the brown skirt? That's his favorite "leave me alone" spot. It took me awhile to find it too, as it was last week when he discovered this new spot. I couldn't find him anywhere and was freaking out. I went into the closet again and called his name. It was at that time that I saw some clothes on the hanger moving and saw his little furry head poking out, annoyed for waking him from his nap :)

So I'm curious.. where are your kitties (or doggies) favorite secret place to sleep?

I have made some progress on my biscuit blanket, so to prove that I still do knit (albeit verrrrry slowly), here it is!


I think I have another couple of inches and then I can start on the I-cord that needs to go with it. So I might have an FO by the end of this month - woohoo!

Last night, I stopped by a sister knit night group (one that branched off of the one I usually go to). One of the gals opened up her yarn shop Liberty's Yarn last year and is doing pretty well. She had this cool arse colorway called "Wicked" and I had to snag these 2 skeins. She's got a special coupon code via the Belle of The Ball podcast for 25% off right now, so it's a great opportunity to snag some of her gorgeous yarns for an unbeatable price - go check it out and tell her Emiko sent ya!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Esau's hiding places are so good I have no idea where they are. She disappeared the day Mom died and to get her attention I had to stomp around the house and holler her name. We had a laugh at that. Goofy kitty. The yarn is gorgeous as is your biscuit blankie!

Carrie Penny said...

Eddie isn't a good hider, he hides in a corner... Yeah, wide open to the air... Grim Lynn hides under the house, there is a crawl space and she goes and lays under there, I don't even think Eddie can find her...

yoel said...

Cammy likes to hide under the hostas, and doesn't make a peep when we call for her.

Bubblesknits said...

Hrm...let's see...Puss is too big to really hide anywhere, so she just lets her general cranky attitude do the work. lol Stevie's favorite place to nap is on the boy-child's pillow. In fact, he normally sleeps with his head on the mattress because he doesn't want to move her. ;-) Fluffy is my closet kitty and Maggie is usually on our bed.