- Put down extra bowls of water, and refill every couple hours with cool water and/or ice cubes. I set one down in front of where he's sitting, as he'll sometimes get up and take a few laps (and makes his worried mom feel better) :)
- Wipe his fur, paws and ears down with a cold, damp towel (he doesn't like it, but I'm doing it anyway)
- Since we have to keep all the windows closed, we keep a fan going to at least have air circulating, even if it's hot air.
- Reduce the room temperature by putting up reflective bubble wrap on the windows, closing blinds, using dark drapery (others in our condo unit have taped up aluminum foil on their windows, heh)
- Feeding smaller meals and adding an extra feeding time or two (he eats, but in smaller amounts)
I'd love to hear how you keep your pets cool during hot weather, so please share your tips so that we can all keep our furry critters comfy!
5 comments:
Wow...all my kitties are sending Frankie cool thoughts. Hope you get some relief from the heat soon!
You need a cool front bad! Is it unusual for homes to be unair-conditioned in the PACNW? I'm sending cold thoughts your way!
Frankie is so cute! :) I hope your weather cools off soon.
Aww, he's so cute chillin' like the cool cat that he is. He might like a bed with ice packs underneath--that way he always has a cool spot to unwind.
Our cats sprawl in front of the fans. Except for mine, she hates the fan; but she's werid. Ice packs covered by a towel would make a lovely bed.
Post a Comment