June 2, 2009

Blanket for Baby

Blogger seems to be having issues about being able to rearrange photos in a post.. and it's frustrating the hell out of me, so my apologies for the photos being somewhat out of order!

A few weeks ago, my knitting group had a baby shower for one of the gals who is expecting in June. It was organized several months ago for several of us to contribute some squares for a baby blanket made by the group for the mom to be. One of our gals is a yarn dyer and has her own shop . She dyed the beautiful yarn (inspired by a sweater that the mom to be wears) and we all got to knit the squares with the lurvely yarn.




This was my first time contributing to such a project, so I was a little intimidated, but it all worked out in the end. I also gave her the fleece blanket above (with the satin binding I sewed on - and was it a BITCH to do) and a baby bum balm made with beeswax.


Photo below of the mom to be, opening her surprise present.
These are the two squares I contributed below - a log cabin type of square and a lacy one using two different weights of yarn. I love how they both turned out!

A close up of the log-cabin type square:







And a close-up of the lacy square:

It was fun to see how all of these pieced together and to see all the other ones knit by others in my knitting group. We've got some talented ladies (and guy!) in our group!

4 comments:

yoel said...

What a great group project! What's that lace pattern?

Cindy said...

I love the bold colors for baby. You have a great knitting group!

Carrie Penny said...

The color choices were AMAZING! I am sure she loved the gift! What mom to be wouldn't!

Saren Johnson said...

Those are great! It's a lovely finished project.