June 28, 2009

Prezzies!!!

My birthday was last weekend, but as my sister and BIL were still out of town on vacation, we decided to postpone my birthday and Father's Day celebrations until the whole family was able to get together yesterday. Bear and I got my father a 6 month subscription to Netflix. In turn, look at all the goodies I got from my family for my birthday!

I got a set of goodies to get started on canning/preserving along with a book on canning. Funny thing is, I got two of these, as apparently Amazon doesn't seem to make wish lists too user friendly and my parents and my sister ended up buying me the same thing :)

In addition to that, I got Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks book, the new Sewing Green book from Betz White, and the first 7 books of the Sookie Stackhouse series (yes, I'm hooked on the True Blood series, aren't you???). I also got a yarn subscription from Bear a few months ago, as signups were open then and I didn't want to miss out, so I asked for it as an early birthday present.

All in all a great day... except on our drive home, when we get pulled over and were handed a stinkin' speeding ticket... boo!

Here's a cute photo of my kitty - I loved the way Frank had his arms properly crossed - so regal looking! :)


And speaking of Frank, I was a little disturbed when I was reading the package of hot dogs recently...
They want me to do WHAT w/ Frank????? ;) hehehe I think he's heated through plenty, thank you very much!

Hope everyone's enjoying what's left of their weekend!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy belated birthday! And, with Frankie? Never mess with perfection;-D

Knittymama said...

Happy birthday! What a great haul. How do you like the sewing book? I've been thinking of picking it up.

yoel said...

Happy birthday! And don't boil Frankie!

laura said...

Oh no! Keep all Franks out of the pot!

Happy Birthday and I have not even started reading the series yet,,,but everyone says I should!

Saren Johnson said...

Happy belated b-day!! I think Frank is hot enough!!

Bubblesknits said...

Love the Sookie Stackhouse books! I just finished them a couple weeks ago.

Great picture of Frank, too!