Whew! It's been pretty busy around here! Thought I'd sneak in a quick catch-up post before I head to work. My pantry challenge went alright. Was able to clean up some items from the pantry and freezer and stretch out the budget and save it for something else to spend. I think I'll try to do that again (and this time, focus on using more items out of my freezer).
And look! I have knitting to share! I CO for a
biscuit blanket to see if I can start on some (gasp!) holiday knitting. I love knitting this, but am having some trouble getting the stitch to look like the diamond pattern, but we'll see if how it goes...

Since I mentioned the whole making room in the freezer, the reason is because of this:

It's too bad there's no smell-o-blog, because these smell so SWEET! I am going to make some strawberry jam over the weekend with a whole flat of local berries I picked up today (as long as Bear doesn't eat them all by the time I get home from work tonight).

Of course, I have some more pictures of my Frankie-boy to share with you too. Bear's been doing a really good job with our furry feline model, don't you think?

Such a photogenic cat, isn't he? :)

Well folks, I best be posting this and getting ready for work. I wanted to get some knitting and reading packed up as there might be some hangtime in the middle of my shift.
Have a great weekend everyone!
5 comments:
Yum strawberries! I always think I should make jam when fruit is aplenty but never do so, so I'll just follow along vicariously as you do the work!
What a handsome kitty! He is so noble.
Frank is so cute!
I am planning on doing the same thing with strawberries. This year I am doing all freezer jam-last year I canned and it was fine, but I'll wait for cherries before I get out the jars.
I'm making jam right now, too! Hopefully it will gel--it seems like it's been cooking forever.
Oh yummy!! Now I'm having a strong desire for strawberry shortcake.
Glad the challenge went well. I've got heaps of berries too!
Post a Comment