Why am I doing this? Because I can save a little money and I can use up some items that have been sitting in my pantry for awhile. We all have those items in the pantry that for some reason or another are being bypassed for something else and continue to be ignored (like the carton of ginger carrot soup in my pantry for some reason). So why don't you take up the challenge and we can hook up next week to see how it went? :)

Another thing I wanted to bring up and participate in is the 3/50 project. Local brick & mortar businesses are struggling these days and if we want to keep the ones we like around, we need to support them. Please check out the link...it gives a clear explanation on what my $50 a month can support and it seems doable to me (and by saving money on groceries, I can apply what I save this week into next towards supporting a few local shops too).
I'll be back next week with my challenge recap! Let me know if you're participating too. Good luck!
4 comments:
I've been slowly working on the food stash in this house since Mom died. It is easy to forget how much food you have when you're in the grocery store.
Good for you! This would definitely be easier to do in the wintertime though. It's hard when there's such great produce out there...
This is a great idea and I think I'll do it next week because this week is almost over...maybe Sunday to Sunday.
I have to admit that we are pretty good in the accumulation department-we have been since that food project, but we have noodles and cous-cous and some frozen stuff, so I know we could do it..plus my farmer's market neighbors have begun giving me free produce again! Butter lettuce and asparagus this week!
Good luck! Oh and since I BECAME a coffee drinker (after my whole 40 years of ignoring it) I have to admit that a week without it might be too long!
Its amazing how much we've saved by shopping from the freezer.
Post a Comment