So this is the infamous ballband dishcloth pattern that everyone under the sun has knit a bajillion times. I on the other hand kept putting it off because the thought of knitting with two balls of yarn intimidated me. Why? I dunno. But desperate times call for desperate measures. The need to find a new project to resurrect my knitting mojo overtook the second-guessing part of me. Guess I didn't need to feel intimidated after all (isn't that usually the case?). I'm loving how this is turning out and I can definitely see more dishcloth knitting in the future because they're such a quick knit.
The second "start" that I wanted to talk about are the potted plants I've got growing on our deck. I have rosemary, chocolate mint, a pepper plant, lavender and some flowering plants of some kind. But for me, the piece de resistance is our little tomato plant. I've been bitching about it not doing anything, but lookie what our little plant is spouting out now - yippee!!!
The tab says this is a "sweet 100" tomato plant. Bear wanted to find one that didn't require staking to prop up, but would just grow out rather than up. I'm just overjoyed that we actually have a place now where we can do some gardening, albeit off of a deck, but even that wasn't feasible where we used to live because it was just dark dark dark. So no vampire summer for us this year, we're livin it up in the sun!
3 comments:
Your tomatoes are farther along than mine. I'm growing regular sized. Your a farmer! Your own crops will taste sweeter, fresher and better than anything you can buy. Thanks for the pics!!! And, your dishcloth is beautiful.
"But desperate times call for desperate measures." This is hilarious!
I always love the colors you choose.
Your herbs look great, I love chocolate mint! I hope you are thrilled with your tomatoes...I don't have any this year!
Your dishcloth looks great!
You say you want halibut? How close are you to Edmonds? I'll steal some from my mom's freezer and swap you for photography tips the next time I'm up there! (It's o.k. I pulled in most of her fish).
Post a Comment