Lavender, oh how I love thee


Hehehe, ok, so I'm not a poet, but I think all of you know by now about my love and obsession with lavender. Yes, my dear folks, it's time for my annual lavender post! 
We also had our pictures taken by a photographer on site at one of the farms.



Let me count the ways
Your lovely scent enchanting
Sends me into a daze.
This weekend was the lavender festival in Sequim and I went with longtime friend L, who had never attended the festival. The weather was gorgeous and a fun time was had by all.
I didn't go too crazy with the purchases this year, but a highlight was a bottle of a limited edition wine infused with local lavender from Olympic Cellars called Le Me'lange Nouveau.

This was the first time I did the u-cut lavender and it was bunches of fun. As the warm sun beat down on us, we snipped away sprigs of lavender of different varieties and enjoyed the scent of lavender as it was gently carried by the breeze (ok actually it was more like gusts, as it was really windy, but breeze sounded better, heheh).
I look forward to my next visit with you again, my dear friend Lavender. May you enchant someone else as you have with me.
5 comments:
We have a small plant on the deck in a pot and it has been blooming for weeks now. The bees love it and so do we. I love lavender, too. Have you ever made lavender cookies? I think I saw the recipe on Norma's blog. Thanks for taking us along.
P.S. I will need a review of the wine please.
Lavender is great!
My lavender is overgrown with weeds, I really should clean it out.
I love that this is going to be a tradition...your lavender post!
I want to check with our local herb club and see what if any herbal festivals are planned...I did read that Calendula is the herb of the year.
The pictures are great and wow...lavender wine? Sounds so good.
Beautiful pictures, as always. I really need to make it up there for next year's festival!
Post a Comment