February 17, 2008

My new purchase and my movie debut

Yippee! I've been wanting enameled cast iron cookware forever, but thought they were out of my price range. I was looking through the Sunday ads this morning and came across this on sale at a local department store for half off:


I love the colour and I'm soooo happy that I finally got one! Yippee! Anybody have any good braising and/or Dutch oven recipes?

Bear came back home today with a DVD collection of 100 classic horror movies. We were just watching one called "The Manster" (heh, I know great title) from 1962 that was supposed to be based in Tokyo about some Japanese scientist conducting funky experiments on people, including members of his own family. Well there was a scene when the scientist looks into a cage that has a woman with a disfigured face moaning, and he yells "Be quiet, Emiko!" and Bear just rolled onto the floor into hysterical laughter.

I mean, couldn't my debut have been cooler? I know I can look pretty monstrous when I'm pissed off, but really, this wasn't what I had in mind when I finally come across a movie with my name in it. You know Bear's having a ball with this too, hehehe

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I love that blue! Where did oyu find it? Have you tried the no-knead bread yet? =)

Rhonda said...

I don't think that looks anything like you ! ;)

Carrie said...

Love that blue enamel--what kind/size is it? Looks like a good size for stew, black-bean soup, chili, or a long-cooking tomato sauce . . . yum!

Anonymous said...

LOL I think it's hard for you to look like that! :D eh eh eh Good laughing though! :D

Those pans are quite common here in Portugal... My grand ma has loads of them!

kiss*

Funky Mama said...

WOW! Nice steal on that enamelware! Great color, I love it!

And I dont' think she looks a bit like you, you are much prettier than that! MUCH MUCH.

Cindy said...

Your hair is darker:) What a funny coincidence. You'll never hear the end of it from Bear, will you? As for your Dutch oven? It is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for this pot..and envious in a big way. If something like the movie incident happened with Mark, I would never live it down. I can't blame Bear for laughing, but surely you'll have an opportunity later..there's got to be a rabid grizzly somewhere in the 100!

Saren Johnson said...

I'm so jealous. I want one of those pots & in that color way!!

Anonymous said...

Love your pot and color is gorgeous.. I was reading your Madronna blog and I was so jealous. I want to go sometime and be in yarn goodness. I have to post anonymous, but It's Natalie and you were my wonderful swap partner. I enjoy reading your blog..