February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day meme

I was tagged by Liberty with a meme, so here goes:

How long have you been together? Today is actually our anniversary, and we celebrated our 5th year together.

How long did you date? Well technically, we're still dating, because we're not married :) 5 years and going strong!

How old is he? He's 6 years older than me, but I don't feel any age difference - until we're in a conversation about certain years and his high school days and then I respond back with a "wow, I was only ___ back then" :)

Who eats more? It depends. He's the snacker, so if it's chips or crackers or something along those lines, he wins. I definitely have the bigger appetite than him when it comes to breakfast though. I wake up famished!

Who said “I love you” first? He did.

Who is taller? He's the taller one for sure. I'm only 5'3" he's 6' 3"

Who is smarter? We both have our strengths. He's stronger in history, science and computer technology. My strengths lie more along the humanities side with the arts, geography and other useless tidbits and facts that prove to be quite beneficial when playing trivia games :)

Who does the laundry? Me.

Who does the dishes? That's split between the two of us. He loads the dishwasher, I put the clean ones away. Works most of the time until one of us gets lazy (ahem, him) and then I get all pissy and slam the dishes into the dishwasher and make a lot of noise to signify that he messed up, hehehe.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He is.

Who pays the bills? We both do and split that up too, as we have separate accounts.

Who mows the lawn? The landscaping company hired by the condo association, so no upkeeping on our end.

Who cooks dinner? I do most of the time, but if it's grilling, he's the man. He makes a mean roast turkey and I love his impromptu what-can-we-make-with-these-ingredients dishes.

Who is more stubborn? Definitely me!

Who kissed who first? I did.

Who asked who out? Neither really. It just gradually happened and we started to refer to the other as "my boyfriend/girlfriend"

Who proposed? Neither, because we're not engaged or married. We've discussed it, but we're not in any hurry to tie the knot - neither of us is going anywhere, and we're happy just the way it is :)

Who is more sensitive? Probably me.

Who has more friends? I'd say I do right now because of all the gals I've become friends with through my knitting group :)

Who has more siblings? We're tied. I have a younger sis, he's got a younger brother.

I won't tag anyone else, but feel free to post the meme on your blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

I had no idea you were under 5'4! I'm five 1 (or so) and for some reason when I saw a pic of you with knitting in the car I thought you were super tall. I'm familiar with the slamming of the dishes hint!

Cindy said...

I agree with Laura. For some reason (do not ask me why), I thought you were taller. And, Happy Anniversary