February 16, 2008

Culinary delights

Ok, I have to show photos from dinner the other night for our Valentine's day/anniversary celebration. I was so proud of everything I cooked that I had to share photos of my easy, elegant dinner.


appetizers were roasted Bosc pears wrapped with prosciutto with some cheese that we bought at a local store. I can't remember what kind of cheese it was, except that it was called "Drunken Goat". How could you pass up cheese by that name?


main course: roasted king salmon with roasted asparagus and topped with a beet horseradish sauce.


btw, I found these recipes here (funny that the article was intended for a guy to cook the no-fail dinner, heh).


I bought this cool looking bottle of Italian white wine to accompany the dinner - it was wonderful.




Oh, and the chocolate espresso pots de creme for dessert? Absolutely sinful. The recipe was perfect for two - you can even share one between two people because it was so rich!


Ok, that's all for this post. I'm going to *gasp* have another post on my fibery purchases from Madrona Fiber Arts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok...I just lost a comment and I HOPE THIS doesn't post twice...I said that I am showing up on your doorstep with my suitcase and Mark (he loves salmon)in hand for dinner next Valentine's Day. I'm impressed!