February 24, 2010

Signs of Spring

My bloggie friend Cindy requested photos that prove spring is on its way. Well this past weekend, the PacNW enjoyed a beautiful, sunny two days that definitely felt like spring! So much so that lots of spring buds are popping and the plum and cherry trees (which I'll try to get some photos of this week) are blooming.... in February! So here's a tree right outside my bedroom window - you can see all the little buds... now if that's not a sign of spring, what is?


And look at my little rosemary plant out on my deck. It's got cute little purple flowers.

And look at that photo through my living room window. What is that light shining through? It feels so warm!

And look at my lil Frankie... someone's taking a little nap in the warm rays of the sun. He was certainly enjoying it.

And if that's not spring enough for you, how about part of my Ravelympics project below? I finished one half of my sock last weekend and just turned the heel on the 2nd half. I just might make it by the end of the Olympics after all! I just can't believe I've had these on the needles since summer of '08... pretty damn pathetic, I tell ya. This is definitely convincing me that I can knit a pair of socks in two weeks. But it sure makes your arm/wrist/fingers sore from knitting knitting knitting.


So how far are you guys coming along on your Ravelympics/Knitting Olympics projects? Keep at it! You can do it! Go go go!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

So many wonderful pictures. Thank you, Emiko!!! The flower buds on the trees. So nice. And, Frankie? If that isn't a happy boy, I don't know what is!!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, I do love that sock.

Bubblesknits said...

Well, why don't you tell Miss Spring to get her happy butt down here. It's still too darn cold for Alabama weather and I'm starting to think Spring is never going to show. lol

Love the sock!

Saren Johnson said...

Spring is on it's way here also!

Nice job on the sock. Perky would love them.