to underestimate how far I really have come in knitting, so I haven't taken classes that look pretty fun, thinking that I might not be technically advanced enough to enjoy such a class.
But today, I think I've come to terms that I do know more than what I give myself credit for. I learned new ways to cast on, as well as little lifesaver tricks to save your knitting, especially when knitting lace projects. I also learned lots of tips when knitting swatches for lace knitting. This is total new territory for me here, because I don't swatch much at all and even when I have, I wouldn't consider it a "proper" swatch. This swatch below is one Charlene made and I love the fact that the YOs indicate the needle size used without having to attach a tag or anything.
Of course, no trip to Madrona is complete without a little traipse through The Marketplace. I was hoping to not go too crazy, but I had little resistance and came back with a little somethin somethin.




In the photo below, she was showing how she moves the needles to go from all stockinette to a 1x1 rib to a 3 x 1 rib. A lot of fun to watch!
All in all, a great fibery day for me. I would have loved to stay longer but my wallet thanked me, hehehe. I had to jet out of there, as I had places to go, people to see. More on that in my next blog post.
I got some Mochi Mochi, some GothSocks self-striping yarn, some organic yarn, some merino yarn for a mitten (pattern found in Brooklyn Tweed's new book) and a beautiful glass button that I've been eyeing the last two years from Madrona that will be the piece de resistance for the felt bag I plan to knit for my mom. The photo below is a lollipop yarn from Lollipop Yarns. It included a mini sock pattern. It's so cute!
And my last purchase for the day, some cute sock earrings.
In the pavilion area outside of the marketplace, there were demo booths for various things. I stopped and watched a nice lady working on her circular sock knitting machine. I SO want one of these things!!! One crank with the hand and you're done with a row. It knits soooooo amazingly fast!
In the photo below, she was showing how she moves the needles to go from all stockinette to a 1x1 rib to a 3 x 1 rib. A lot of fun to watch!
But before I forget, are you guys participating in the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics or the Ravelympics? I thought I'd take a jab this year and signed up w/ my knitting group for the Ravelympics. I'm participating in the WIPsdancing event to finish some old WIPs that I hope to finally get off the needles. I'd love to hear what you're participating in!
4 comments:
I love the yarns!!!!!!!! and, the earrings are so adorable. That sock knitting machine is way too neat. A class with Charlene Schurch? Lucky! What a great time. I'm so glad for you.
What a great loot! The little yarn lollipop is adorable.
Looks like you had a fabulous time! And what a treat to take a class being taught by Charlene Schurch!
Love the souvenirs you brought back, too. :-)
The earrings are cute.
I'm doing the Olympics.
Post a Comment