February 7, 2009

Sweets overload

I've got lots of catch up posts this weekend, so don't be surprised to see more than one!
Since going on my felt cake-making kick, I also got a co-worker hooked on making them too. We've got them sitting all around our cubicles. We joke that we've become a bakery in the office. Here's a photo of all that we've made between the two of us so far.
It's crazy how detailed these patterns can be, but they're not that hard to put together. You spend most of the time with pattern and felt cutting. My co-worker made this one below and the whipped cream portion had about 40+ pieces to cut before it got put together!

This one below is one I made. It's supposed to be a choco-banana cake with a little almond and banana slices on top. This cake is only 2-3 inches at its longest point, just to get an idea of how small they can be (and it's not even the smallest pattern).
These are almost as fun as making real cakes!


2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

I have got to get my grubby little paws on those patterns!

yoel said...

I love that choc cake with the chocolate curls on top! These look like so much fun to make!