September 25, 2011

Fall Approacheth

It's my favorite time of year, when summer's heat starts to wane, there's a little nip in the morning air, and the leaves start to change in an array of warming colors. And yes, it also means that there's that spooky holiday that's my absolute favorite coming up too!



I've even recently acquired a new item to add to my Halloween decor this year. It's a crawling monster hand and makes these clicking sounds - Frank doesn't care for it, but I am excited to have this roaming about!

In keeping up with the theme, I also have fallen in love with self-striping yarns and I've signed up for another KAL with the gals over in the String Theory Colorworks page on Ravelry. These will become a pair of Halloween mitts, which I've aptly titled Frankenmitts. I'm loving these colors together.

I am also signed up to participate in another KAL beginning in October, so that means I'll be participating in 2 in a month's time. We'll see if I can finish both! The 2nd KAL is incentive for me to win some Addi Clicks and since I can't afford to buy a set, I figure I can at least have fun trying to win a set! :)


I think I'm off to a good start for my favorite season of the year!




3 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I really like this time of year, too! That is some very cool looking yarn you're using for your Frankenmitts :)

Saren Johnson said...

Love those colors!!

Oiyi said...

LOL! That hands would freak out my dogs. Hmmm, maybe I should get one!