September 1, 2011

Churnin 'em out

I got 2 more knitting projects done the past few days, so sharing them here. First one is a coffee sleeve for a local cafe owner who decided to close up shop after just opening last year. I was really bummed about this news, as this cafe was the location of my knitting group for the past year, pretty much since she opened. It's hard times folks, let's try to support our local individual businesses in our town.

This was a super quick knit. I knit two of these while watching one of the Lord of the Rings movies. I still have plenty of yarn left over, so I might knit a few more of these and add them to the holiday gift knitting bin for last minute gifts. I'm thinking I can add some embellishments or something to personalize them for someone.


And here's the completion of the frilly scarf using the Marina yarn. What a bitch to knit though! It would've been smooth going if I didn't use needles that were so slick (I was using a pair of Bryspun straights). Stitches kept falling off and trust me, you DON'T want to be dropping stitches with this yarn. Trying to find dropped stitches is a nightmare!

It was however, a relatively quick knit, as I did finish this in 2 days, knitting here and there.

Here's the link to the knitting instructions for using this yarn. Or the video link is here if you need the live action shots.



I've taken the week off work, so it's been nice just to relax a bit. I'm thinking of some fall knitting and am pondering an attempt at knitting (and finishing) a cardigan... hmm, can I do it?

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Cute scarf. Thanks for the review of the yarn. I don't think I'll be rushing out to get any.

Cindy said...

Hunny, you can knit anything you set your mind on. That is a cool scarf, but I agree with KnitTech;-P