October 28, 2010

Eek! Cupcakes!

I whipped up a quick batch of cupcakes to take for work tomorrow for Halloween.I found two easy recipes with ingredients I had on hand at home (I was too lazy to go to the store today). The one-bowl chocolate cupcake recipe is from here and I found a great vanilla buttercream frosting from here. I had intentions of making another batch of cupcakes, as I hd recently purchased some awesome bloody zombie hand cupcake picks. I thought they'd look great on top of cupcakes sprinkled with crushed chocolate wafers to make it look like a bloody zombie grave resurrection, but I didn't have any chocolate wafer cookies to crush up, so I will have to save the zombies for next year.

I added some orange gel food coloring to the buttercream to add a nice contrast to the dark chocolate cupcakes and stuck in some graveyard and bat picks. The spiders are plastic rings you can find pretty much anywhere this time of year in the seasonal decor section of stores (I think I got mine at Michaels) and just press the spider rings down into the frosting. Easy, peasy and they look and taste good!

4 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Yummy. Now I'm hungry.

yoel said...

Spooky and yummy...er, spummy?

Cindycindy said...

They look yummy, spiders and all!!!!

Bubblesknits said...

Awesome! I bet they tasted as good as they looked. :D