I have some news to share, but it wasn't finalized until today, so here's a little hint:

Meet Frank the cat! He's a senior kitty we brought back home today. To backtrack a bit, Bear surprised me awhile back when he spoke with our landlord without me knowing to allow us to get a cat. He surprised me with a copy of a pet addendum. We decided to take our time to find the right cat. We knew we'd adopt from a shelter and a few weeks ago, we found Frank on the shelter's website as one available for adoption.
We wanted an older cat, as we knew they're usually the ones harder to find homes for because people usually want kittens. When we stopped by the shelter to meet him in person two weeks ago, we were told he was at a foster mom's home because he caught a kitty cold. So we had to wait until today to finally meet him, but we were sold as soon as met him - he captured our hearts!
He's a little timid, but we hope in time he'll grow to love us as much as we already love him. He's about 10 years old and because he had a tendonectomy by a previous owner, he needs to have his nails clipped because he can't extend his claws. Due to his need to be an indoor kitty and because an indoor kitty would fit where we live right now, he seemed the perfect fit for us.
He's hiding under a cabinet now and Bear's had some success playing with him using some cotton yarn, so we'll see if we can get him to come out to join us soon :) I feel like a "proper" knitter now that I have a cat hahaha.
8 comments:
Congratulations! What a beautiful boy you have there :) I'm sure you'll give him a wonderful home :)
Go about your business. He'll warm up to you very quickly. Of course, talking to him won't hurt either. He's beautiful. And, congratulations!!!! Bear is the best, isn't he?
Aww, what a sweetie cat! That's great that you and Bear made such an effort to make a home for a cat who might not have had any home at all. If only everyone did the same!
He's adorable!
Proper knitter is right, you'll be knitting cat hair into everything!
He's SOOOO cute! And I love the name!
I love that you adopted and older cat. He's a lucky kitty. Beautiful eyes. congrats!
What a sweetheart! I love older cats.
I'm very belated in offering my condolences to you guys as well. I appreciated your note. So strange that we were going through the same thing at the same time.
I'm so glad you guys decided to go with an older kitty and I'm so glad for Frank that he has you!
Post a Comment