May 17, 2008

It's Farmers Market time!!!

Yessiree girls and boys, it's that time when the farmers markets around town start up. The one near my house isn't starting until June, however the one where my parents live just started last week. We're having great weather here this weekend (albeit just a little too hot for me), so I drove down and picked up mom to head out to the market.

I didn't get any pictures of it, but I bought my mom a beautiful lavender coloured hydrangea plant. I love those flowers. I wish I had a yard to transplant a pot or 12. I instead indulged in a fresh cut bouquet of sweet smelling lilacs.
I also made out with some locally smoked king salmon (yum!),
some local multi grain bread and some organic salad greens, lettuce and flat leaf parsley.

It's so hot that I'll probably only be hungry for a light salad for dinner later (not to mention I'm probably also full due to the bear claw I had at the market that I wasn't supposed to buy) - bad girl!
I can't wait until the one in our town starts up next month so that Bear and I can cycle to it and get our fresh veggies locally.
After the market, I wanted to stop by a shoe store to get some sandals as I didn't really have any. I couldn't decide between brown or black, so I did what any girl would do - buy one in each! So now I'm set for sandals for the warmer months. Note the newly pedicured feet (I never had one until mother's day weekend when my sis and I took our mom to get pedicures - it was my first time ever).


I still need to finish up my Japan trip posts and hope to get those finished this weekend too. Hope you're all enjoying a great start to the weekend!

2 comments:

yoel said...

So exciting to let the toes out and get fresh spring veggies!

Rhonda said...

It would have been hard for me to decide which pair of sandals to buy too! Love the pedicure. I need one.