April 6, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Whew! What a whirlwind of a few weeks it has been over here. We're all moved in to our new home and we returned our keys to the old place just yesterday. Bear and I haven't had much time off, as we have been going to the old place after work every day to clean and pick up any remaining items from the move last weekend. We're pooped and are really looking forward to our vacation in Japan with every passing day.



As I mentioned in my previous post, we thought about getting bicycles to take advantage of all the wonderful urban trails around our new neighborhood. We did just that and had a fun shopping spree at REI. Check out our new rides!



Yesterday, we took them out for a spin and timed how fast we can get to work on the bicycles... can you believe it's only 5-10 minutes away at most? That's just as fast as if we were driving to work, so the hell with driving in if it's a beautiful day! The trail connects to another urban trail that's right next to a wetlands/bird sanctuary and we saw some herons, and even this bald eagle hanging out up in the trees.



By the end of the bike ride, our butts were really sore for not being regular cyclists, but that's definitely going to change. I'm so looking forward to warmer and drier weather to really explore all of these trails on bikes and perhaps do a little birdwatching and getting to know all the different species of birds that hang out around the wetlands.


Bear and I weren't the only ones who got a new home. Our S. American cichlids (Jack Dempseys to be specific) got a new fishtank when we realized that the old tank that they were in was starting to bow out and we didn't want to risk the chance of 30 gallons of water leaking through an old tank, so they got a brand new place too. They seem pretty happy!

I want to take photos of the inside our new sunlit home, but boxes and crap all over the place prevent me from doing so. I'll leave you with a little something though - the view from our bedroom window of the valley:

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so glad you're getting settled in your wonderful new place!

Rhonda said...

Glad you are all settled in. Isn't moving a pain!?!

I want a new bike too. Yours look great.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new place and the bikes! OK, how did I miss that you have fish????? I love knowing this about you.

It sounds like you and Bear found a great new home and the whole urban trail thing is right up your alley!

I'm so happy for you!