Happy New Year!
I just passed my 6 year knitaversary this past new years eve. 6 months after starting these for Bear, they're finally done this evening. This yarn was one of my custom indie dyer purchases in my first year of learning how to knit. When I asked Bear what color he wanted his socks to be, he replied, "army colors". So this colorway "militia" was born.
I guess I put off knitting these because I wanted to make sure they were the right size, and fit him well. He patiently waited and he's got them on his feet right now while relaxing in his flannel pj bottoms. I hope it was worth the wait for him :)
I'm going through a slump, so trying to get back into knitting to keep me busy. I joined another mystery KAL and knitting two socks at a time again. Not sure about the yarn that is called for this pattern yet (no wool, it's a cotton, silk, bamboo blend that is a bit splitty), but we'll see how they feel once we see more of the pattern emerge.
So what's new with you? Any new projects you're working on?


2 comments:
Bear's socks are so cool!! And, I love the rich color of the new pair.
The socks are lovely.
Post a Comment