Oh brother, I'm letting too much time lapse between blog posts. I need to get this back up and running again! I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I had this past week off from work which has been WONDERFUL, but damnit where the heck did it go???? I hope my work week next week will go just as fast.
Earlier this week, I took my sewing machine down to my mom's to have a craft day with her. It was so much fun! We decided to try to do this on a monthly basis and I sure hope to stick with it as I do enjoy my time with her doing crafty things while enjoying our love of sipping coffee all day.
This photo below we're making some potholders.
Mom looks like she's having fun - it was nice to capture the smile, as it acknowledges that she had a good time too :) Below, we're cutting out felt pieces to make felt ornaments.
You can kind of tell what it is on the table, but end result is to look like this:
It's this time of year I start to go crazy and get inspired from all of the gorgeous knitting patterns that are out there. I've queued so many things this week and getting some holiday gift making started. Some knitted, some not. Here are some projects that I'm wanting to make.
And yarn colorways such as this one (that also snuck into a shopping cart at 2am a few days ago, lol)
And I've been wanting to make an Icelandic sweater w/ Lopi yarn forever and couldn't pass this up through Craftsy with their current holiday discount pricing to learn along with others and will be making this - so excited!
Now that I have a million things I want to cast on for, I just wish work didn't take up so much time! Yuck.
And finally, sharing a red scarf photo I took that turned out pretty nice. I knit this to donate to a silent auction this weekend to benefit a local charity (Lifelong AIDS Alliance). I hope it will keep someone warm this winter :)
So..what have all of you been up to? What yarns/patterns/projects have you been inspired by lately? Please share (I need to add more to my ever-increasing Rav queue, hahaha)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)





2 comments:
Well, hello back at ya. My don't you have a big knitting list for the holiday season;-P I love that you and your Mom can spend such wonderful quality time. I miss that so much. And, the red scarf is quite pretty and I'm sure someone will be grateful for it this winter!!!! BTW, I love the ornament!
Looks like you'll be very busy in the near future!
Post a Comment