October 14, 2012

Brraaaaains

Yikes, where has the time gone by???  It's been crazy here.  Cah.Ray.Zee.  Work is....blech. Hot dog biz is doing ok, but we're not fighting the typical crummy NW weather, so we're looking for options for Bear to hunker down under shelter for the colder months, but still be able to sell dogs.

Knitting hasn't had too much attention until about a week or two ago when I started thinking of what I wanted to dress up as this Halloween.

As everyone has probably seen, there's been a cool brain hat circulating ___book and Rav and one night, I saw the picture of the finished hat and decided that's it! So I went and got some brainy colored pink yarn (yes, I know brains aren't pink, but for a Halloween costume, you want it to stand out and it looked better than grey) and set to work.




Knitting that icord was a biatch.  People asked me why I didn't use a icord crank, but I didn't see any that made the icord in the thickness I wanted, so I knit and knit and knit and knit and knit so much icord that I don't think I'll be making any more of these hats anytime soon :)


I'm kicking myself for not measuring the actual length I ended up having to make for the hat, but this evening, I finished pinning the icord to the hat and was able to finish sewing the "squiggles" (or gyri are they called in medical terms? see, I learned some stuff from knitting this pattern, lol) to the skullcap and I'm done!

 So here's the hat in finished form.  Sorry for the dark photos, but I just finished right before bedtime this evening.

Look forward to putting together the rest of my costume - will post on Halloween, so you'll have to stay tuned 'til then :)